Monday 2 June 2014

Weekends on the Beach




26 degrees and gloriously sunny! 

Sunday was a fab day... I went on a picnic with my aunt, uncle, cousin and my uncle's brother's family. We went to this private beach at the hospital Renee Sabron in Giens. Fabulous place! It's a beach which has a pier out onto the water and is equipped with a path on the sand and raised loungers so as to be wheelchair accessible - perfect for my cousin Emilie. A wonderful place with picnic tables and hydraulic lifts so that those in wheelchairs can be lowered into the water, or onto a jet-ski (!!) Yup! - I haven't pictures of this though - justs take my word for it :) 




That water though!





You could see some fish here!
That's me!


Here are some photos taken in Giens the day before - a thunder storm was rolling in so it wasn't half as nice! There is this beautiful small garden and look out point on the hill in the town which has views all around the peninsula...


San Salvador beach and salt marshes in the distance




L'eglise de Giens - cute little town

Loved the washing line!

I sunbathed on the beach on Sunday and didn't burn in the slightest... However, while waiting for my bus back to Toulon in the evening (which was late) my back burned a bit and I have dress-tan lines!! :( 


It's back to the day job now though - no bother after such a wonderful weekend! Had the two girls today after school - they were great, for the most part, and the baby was in brilliant form as always! 

K x

No comments:

Post a Comment